Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bumpdate: Week 38

Well, this week's update is a little different. I no longer have a bump to show off because...Miss Wren is here! She arrived last Friday at 8:30 pm and we are head over heels in love with our Little Bird.

If you remember from my last post, we spent most of the last week and a half obsessively checking my blood pressure and watching for signs of an early baby. My pressure had been tracking up steadily, so we wanted to be sure we stayed away from the danger zone.

At my weekly appointment, our doctor checked my pressure and test results and assured us everything was still okay. However, to keep things from getting out of control, she went ahead and recommended that we plan on meeting our little one the following Monday. We agreed and made plans for an early morning induction.

When she checked my progress, however, she let us know that it was highly likely that we'd have a baby even sooner than that. I was already in a bit of shock at knowing we'd have her by Monday at the latest, so hearing that she could very well come even earlier was a crazy blend of terrifying and exciting.

When we left the appointment, we made all the necessary phone calls - my parents, The Boy's parents, siblings, work, etc. My folks immediately began making plans to head to OKC (since their drive is 8 or so hours and they didn't want to risk missing anything), and I began doing what I could to get the girls at work set up for my maternity leave.

The rest of Wednesday was a mix of emotions and nerves as we wrapped up last minute details and preparations. Mom and Dad arrived in the wee hours of Thursday morning, and it was such a relief to have them here, just in case.

I went in to labor early Friday morning and Baby Girl arrived that night. I could not have asked for a better labor and delivery, and my team of nurses and doctors was unbeatable. All of Wren's grandparents were in town for her arrival, and everyone is just thrilled to bits with her.

The rest of Friday and the weekend are a bit of a happy blur, but I can tell you this: they are some of my favorite days ever.

I'll have more updates on our sweet one soon, but for now, here's one last "bumpdate."


She's just the best. We are beyond blessed to call her ours. We love you, Little Girl!

1 comment:

  1. Jessy (we were in APO together)September 24, 2015 at 8:42 PM

    I LOVE that you ended bumpdates with a picture with baby. What very special memories

    ReplyDelete