Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Gift Giving with Geeks

I can finally tell you what I got for Valentine's Day!
Caveat: I'm a geek
Caveat 2: I'm dating a geek
Alrighty then.

This is what I got!!!


Isn't it fantastic?!?

What if I told you it made this noise when opened?


Still confused? It's okay. We understand that everyone can't be as adorably geeky as we are. So how 'bout a bit of explanation?

I might have a slight obsession with this video game:


In the game, the protagonist, Link, travels around the world of Hyrule trying to save the Princess Zelda from the evil Ganondorf (fairly simple plot). As he travels, he occasionally encounters treasure chests that contain fun items to help him in his quest.


Paul knows I love Zelda. As a matter of fact, I got something game-related for Christmas:


It's a charm bracelet with all the spiritual stones on it (Link has to collect these to get the Triforce...oh, don't worry about it, it's a long story)

Anyway, I LOVE it. He spent time making me a personalized gift related to something I love - jealous yet? The fact that the chest came filled with Reeses was just a happy bonus.

Oh, and just so you know, The Boy might even get to do a guest post to discuss the adventure that was creating said gift. Stay tuned for that! (note: he's a writer, so it'll prolly be way better than my normal posts).

I'll update again tomorrow with a post about what I gave HIM for Valentine's. Oh, and I still have to tell y'all about dinner! But let's focus on the adorable gift for today, shall we?

Til later, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment