Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

My clues for Valentine's Dinner

Remember how I told you that The Boy mentioned he was making me a Valentine's gift? Turns out that he's ALSO making me dinner. And I'm not allowed to help. I'm simply to "show up and look pretty."

Well okay then.

I haven't been told anything specific about this dinner, but he did offer to give me several clues, one each day, starting last week.

Caveat (per his request): These are "not very thought out clues" and we "aren't to get [our] hopes up for something awesome." Nevertheless, they're clues and I'm curious. So, I'm sharing. 

  • Clue 1: "cranberry" 
    • Seems self-explanatory, right?
  • Clue 2: "fall" 
    • hmm, less obvious, but still not cryptic
  • Clue 3: An anagram: "Appreciated Lunatics" 
    • Note: He wasn't supposed to tell me it was an anagram - which would have made it SO MUCH TRICKIER - but he accidentally did. And I wasn't allowed to use Google to figure it out. It took me longer than I want to admit. Don't you cheat, either.
  • Clue 4: Ham's sexier cousin 
    • Context: Walmart was having a special on ham and he was confused by it's Valentine's Day connection. So he pointed out that we were NOT having ham, but rather it's "sexier cousin"
  • Clue 5: There are four courses. He will not be eating one of them, apparently.
    • I have no idea where he's going with that one.
  • Clue 6: It involves an apple.
    • ...ok
  • Clue 7: This video
    • I don't even...that...ummmmmmmmm?
He's also been slowly but cryptically telling me stuff about my gift. On Saturday, I got a photo of his dad and a few friends in his dad's shop...around a work table. He called them his "crew" and said he was paying in beer.

Then, he said it involved multiple steps being carried out over multiple days. 

Also, I went to lunch with him on Tuesday and he had to go pick up a part from a store down the street (I kept my eyes closed to avoid spoiling any surprises...I have no idea where we went, but I know the general area...none of the stores around there sell obvious "supplies" for anything...). 

And yesterday, he had to make an emergency run to Toys R Us to pick up a last minute replacement part for one that didn't arrive in time. Toys R Us, folks. Toys R Us. 

Everyone else as lost as I am?

I'm sure it'll all make sense later. Stay tuned for updates on what I got and a post on what I gave him (which turned out SUPER cute, y'all).

Til then, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment