Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wedding Wednesdays: When and Where?

Hey guys! Guess what I've noticed? When you're engaged, it's super easy to spend all your time talking about the upcoming wedding. Who knew? (...just kidding...we all knew...)

And, although I don't mind listening to myself fret over all the little details, I really don't want to bore y'all with 'em.

So, I've decided I'm going to try and keep the wedding posts to once a week. That way, if you're interested, you still get updates. And, if you aren't, you don't stop reading. 'Cause, well, that would make me sad...

Sound good? Yay!

Now, without further ado, welcome to the first edition of Wedding Wednesday!

Today, I'm going to cover the question I've been getting non-stop since I got this pretty little ring:

"Sooooo, when's the wedding?!?!"

The answer? January 4th, 2014


We picked it for several reasons:

  1. Since Paul will be teaching/researching/learnin stuff, we needed to work around prescheduled University breaks. That left us Christmas Break, Spring Break, and Summer Break. Spring Break isn't really a break, they just call it that to make you feel better while you spend the whole week trying to catch up on all the work you didn't have the brainspace to finish during the previous months...so we nixed that one. Summer is, well, hot as hades, and we don't like that so much (and I didn't want to be engaged that long, honestly), so Christmas Break it was.
  2. We wanted to get past Christmas - since it felt super selfish to steal everyone's family time with our wedding. So, that led us to January.
  3. We noticed that the first Saturday in January was the 4th. Making the day 1.4.14. Fun, right? We thought so! And that sealed the deal.

So, January 4th it is!

Next thing y'all will want to know is, "WHERE'S the wedding?"

Well, we have that figured out, too!

We're getting married here:


It's called Avondale Chapel and Gardens and it's in Bentonville off Central. It's this sweet, old, manor-style house that's functioned as several things over the years (most recently, Paul's grandfather's favorite restaurant...*cue collective "awwww" moment*), and is now a wedding venue.

The best part about it is that it comes with a coordinator - who will not only set up everything exactly the way I want it (he even said I could bring diagrams!!!), but will also tear down after the reception. That means that Mom and I don't have to do ANYTHING but enjoy the wedding. Sold.

We're thinking we're going to have a couple hundred folks (even keeping it to close friends and family...), so it should fill up the venue perfectly.

So, now y'all have a little more info (and I've gotten to brag some). Everybody's happy!

I'm sure I'll have more to share soon - stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. we looked there and it was fabulous!!!! we just needed a little more space. the folks there are wonderful. enjoy!!! so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete