Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Thursdays: Week 1

Happy November, y'all! I'll admit, I was sad to see October go so quickly (did it seem faster this year to everyone else?). On the other hand, I'm glad to see November. Know why? November brings Thanksgiving with her...and everyone knows that's pretty much the best holiday around.

I mean, really. Think about it. Family, friends, food, football. Crisp weather, crisp apples, crisp leaves. Hugs, and laughter, and warm homes. It's a pretty magical time of year.

This year, I've decided I'd like to make it last longer than just a few days. I want that warm, fuzzy thankful feeling to permeate the month. So, in an effort to remind myself to be Thankful for the little things in my everyday life, I'm posting a daily photo to Instagram of what I'm thankful for that day. Each Thursday this month, I'll share the last week's posts with y'all!

And so, I bring to you the first week of my Month of Thankfulness.

Day 1: The Boy

He not only drove with me all the way to Memphis on a Friday night, he did it AFTER teaching two classes that morning and driving from OKC to NWA to pick me up. And all without complaining. Blessed to have such a selfless, giving man by my side.



Day 2: The Ladies Who Threw My Shower

They've loved Momma since they were all kids, and it's amazing to see how that love translates down a generation to each other's kiddos. They threw me a beautiful shower, and I couldn't ask for sweeter ladies to love on both me and Momma.



Day 3: Kait Marie

Best Friend doesn't do her justice. How we survived 22+ years without each other I've yet to figure out. We have a world and language all our own, and I wouldn't give it up for anything. This screengrab may not mean much to y'all, but it speaks volumes in Kait-Layna-ese.



Day 4: The Smell of Earl Grey Tea

It's a smell that makes the whole world seem warm, fuzzy, and just right. If your fall & winter season isn't full of this happiness, you're doing something wrong, y'all. Good for the soul, kids. Good for the soul.


Day 5: Puppy Cuddles and Hot Apple Cider

You know those days where the world throws you a series of curve-balls (one right after another so that you feel like the only escape is curling up and hoping it stops?). Those days where you grumble "Ugh...I'm just not gonna be thankful for ANYTHING today!" and  you make yourself a cup of cider cause the house is horribly cold and you still refuse to turn on the heater 'cause well...you're stubborn? In those moments it's good to have a puppy. 'Cause in those moments, they just know you need cuddles. And that combination - warm puppy + warm cider...kinda makes you thankful just to have things to be thankful for.



Nov 6: Cupcakes

The good kind. Made with real flour and sugar and all sorts of rich, slap-yo-momma-yummy buttercream. Raspberry filling helps too. When they're cupcakes that you got 'cause you finally put a deposit down on a cake it took you months to pick out...they're even sweeter.



What are you thankful for today?

Til next time!

PS: Go like my blog page on Facebook - I'm going to start posting updates there to keep from innundating my feed with 'em :) Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment