Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

(Throwback) Thankful Thursdays: Week 4

Since I didn't blog last Thursday (because it was Thanksgiving and all), here's the fourth and final edition of Thankful Thursdays.

Day 21: My Momma

I'm thankful for her everyday - but particularly every November 21st. Hope you had a Happy Birthday, Momma!


Day 22: My guard-cat

Even if that does mean he brings me dead spiders and picks fights with 65lb dogs. He spent the entire first night that my folks were in town running interference between me and my childhood dog - who he apparently had deemed a threat. Crazy cat. Bless it.


Day 23: Cozy, fireside evenings and good conversation

After a day of packing, we were able to spend the evening at my future-in-law's - complete with a home-cooked meal and warm fire. Loved having (almost) everyone in the same place (we missed The Boy).


Day 24: Take-out after a long day of packing

We started early, and kept going til late. But we got most of the house packed! As a reward, pizza. 'Cause sometimes you just need to sit on the floor and watch a movie without having to worry about cooking or cleaning up.


Day 25: My sweet, thoughtful FiancĂ© and Moving-day Treats

We drove half of my stuff to Oklahoma to drop it off at the new house. When we arrived, this note was waiting for us - as well as the treats it promised. Love this kid.


Day 26: Sweet Bo

Loved gettin to spend the week with this crazy pup - compulsive circles, crazy ears, and all. There will never be another dog like this one.


Day 27: Annual Thanksgiving prep with Momma

We have a routine, me and Mom. We do the same things every year - no matter where Thanksgiving happens (Memphis, Cleveland, an apt in New York, or an empty apartment in Fayetteville). It's so nice to know that some things never change. Especially tiny turkeys.


Day 28: Thanksgiving with my favorites

We spent Thanksgiving at the Valentine's and loved every minute. My new family is just as loud and crazy as my original family - which means we all fit together perfectly. Hope yours was warm and happy, too.


Day 29: My Daddy

I skipped posting a photo this day because of the move, but it would have gone to this guy. He spent all week with me - moving stuff out of my apartment, half to Oklahoma, half into a truck, then taking the truck across town, moving the stuff out of the truck, and jenga-ing it all into a storage unit. All without complaining or cursing my multitude of things. Thanks for loving me so much, Daddy.


Day 30: Unfortunate Fortunes

Daddy got this one at dinner...after spending the day moving. It hit a little too close to home, but after a week of "moving" it was also a much needed giggle.


I hope your November was warm, full of happy, and reminded you of all the things you have to be thankful for - big, small, and ironic. I hate that our culture is squeezing November out to make way for the consumption that Christmas brings. I find far more beauty in thankfulness than I do in buying (and even getting) gifts, and it just seems that it's being pushed aside thoughtlessly.

Challenging myself to find something to be thankful for in every day this month really lifted my spirits - and I hope y'all enjoyed it, too.

Now, bring on the twinkle lights, Christmas carols, and snow days. 'Tis the season, after all. Happy Holidays, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment