Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Gender Predictions: Old Wives Tales

We find out on THURSDAY if Tiny is a boy or a girl! THURSDAY, y'all! THERE ARE NOT MANY DAYS BETWEEN TODAY AND THURSDAY! *bounces up and down in excitement*

If you can't tell, we're a smidge excited. My Momma is coming to OKC for the ultrasound (she may be more excited than we are, if possible), and we have a fun little reveal planned for the family that evening. (Spoiler: it involves a HUGE balloon and confetti.) 

Once we've had some time to soak in the news as a family, we'll be sharing on social media (and here, of course). I'm so excited to let everyone know who our little one is! In the meantime, we'd love to hear what you all think! If you're curious, I've included some of the common Old Wives' Tales tests & results below. Take a look and cast your vote on Facebook or Instagram!


Old Wives Tales

1. How is Mom carrying/What shape is Mom's belly? 
Well, since it's still early, this one was tricky to answer. Tiny is still pretty low at the moment, but when I lay down, it kinda looks like I swallowed an entire cantaloupe, so that means BOY

2. How's Mom's skin - clear or broken out?
I'm broken out all over, one pregnancy symptom I'm NOT loving. That means GIRL

3. How's Mom's hair - shiny or dull?
LOVING my hair right now, at least it's playing nice. That means BOY.

4. Has Mom's face changed shape - gotten rounder or longer?
Not rounder (hooray!), so I guess longer? That means BOY.

5. How's Mom's balance - feeling clumsier or more graceful?
I tripped over air yesterday. And it wasn't the first time this week. That means BOY.

6. What has Mom been craving - salty or sweet things?
It kinda depends on the day, but seeing as I made myself a "brownie in a mug" several days in a row last week, I'm going to say sweet. That means GIRL.

7. What gender has Mom dreamed about?
I've had multiple dreams Tiny was not only a boy, but TWIN boys (yikes!). Not sure what the "twin" part means, but boy dreams mean GIRL

8. Has Mom been having mood swings?
Yes. Poor hubby. He's endlessly patient. And really good at finding emergency chocolate. That means GIRL.

9. Did Mom have morning sickness?
All. Day. Long. (Thank goodness it's better now.) That means GIRL.

10. What's Baby's heart rate?
A strong, steady 154 beats per minute! That means GIRL.

11. What does the Mayan Calendar predict?
GIRL.

12. How 'bout the Chinese Calendar?
(not sure how it's different, but...) GIRL.

13. If you hold a ring on a string over Mom's belly, how does it swing?
Back and forth pretty steadily. That means GIRL.

If you're keeping track, that's BOY: 4, GIRL: 9
The odds seem to be clearly stacked to one side! (which probably means it's definitely a boy, maybe).


Odds aside, what do y'all think? Let us know on social media and stay tuned for the big reveal!

1 comment:

  1. Since my baby is having a GIRL 🎀🎀🎀, I predict a BOY for you! 💙💙💙

    So glad your momma will be there in person to help you celebrate!

    ReplyDelete