Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Gender Reveal: It's A...


GIRL!

Y'all! We're having a little girl!

We are so excited! Also, a little surprised. By the time we got to the actual reveal, both The Boy and I had pretty much convinced ourselves that we were having a boy. Clearly, our guts are not to be trusted. 

We didn't do a big reveal, just a small thing at home with our immediate family. Momma was in town, and we had everyone else join us via Google Hangout so we could all see the reveal live. I love that technology let me have all of my favorite people in the same room, even if we live hundreds of miles from each other. It made it all so much more fun. 





At the ultrasound appointment, we handed our tech two Ziploc baggies, one with a balloon labeled "Boy," and one with a balloon labeled "Girl," and once she knew, she swapped out the boy and girl cards for "Yes" and "No" cards. We had the "Yes" balloon filled on our way home and waited for the rest of the crew to join us via webcam. 

Once we'd taken a final vote on what we all thought, we counted to three and popped the giant balloon. I'd prepared myself for a loud noise, but not well enough (those things pack a punch!) The look of surprise on my face below changes from "Holy cow that was loud!" to "Wait, why is this blue confetti pink?" to "Oh! We're having a girl!"






My face in that last picture pretty much sums up my emotions for the next hour or so. It's weird to go so quickly from "We're having a baby!" to "We're having a little girl!" I don't know why it feels different to know who she is, but it does, and it's taken some time to wrap my brain around it.


There was pink confetti EVERYWHERE. In my hair, in Paul's hair, on the wall, on the cat, in between the blinds. We're still picking up confetti, but it's a nice reminder each time I clean up another piece of pink paper - WE'RE HAVING A LITTLE GIRL!!!


Baby Girl, we love you already more than you'll ever know. Your daddy and I simply cannot wait to meet you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment