Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Honeymoon Recap: Tuesday

Tuesday - Day Two

Disney's Magical Kingdom - the most magical place on earth. It's my favorite park, and my favorite (and preferred) place to start my Disney trips. I walk through those gates, and the magic becomes palpable. The rest of the trip is only made better by starting in the Kingdom. I mean, really, just look at it? You can't not smile. 


Conveniently enough, the day we chose to visit the Magic Kingdom was also the coldest day of the week - in the low thirties (high twenties early on). I say "conveniently" because we like the cold, unlike most other Florida goers who opted instead for the parks with more inside stuff. Shorter lines for us? Don't mind if we do!



In addition to starting with the Magic Kingdom, I like to start EARLY at the Kingdom. If you get reservations for breakfast, you get to go in an hour before the park opens to the public. Know what that means? Awesome photos with the Castle before everyone else shows up. My sweet hubby humored me (again) and got up at the crack of dawn for breakfast with Winnie the Pooh. It was worth it, though. Look at the adorable shots we got below (...other than the cheesy ones with Tink...those I threw in for comic relief)






Wish I'd taken my coat off for some of those...oh well...on to breakfast!

We started our day at the Crystal Palace. They have a breakfast buffet with a little bit of everything - bacon, eggs, sausage, grits, yogurt, granola, cereal, MICKY WAFFLES (...I like those), pastries, and some insanely sweet thing called "breakfast lasagna" (avoid it...one bite will send you into a diabetic coma).

In addition to yummy breakfast, you get to meet the Pooh characters! Now, I love Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet, but every time I see Eeyore, I turn back into an 8 year old fan girl. Who wouldn't love that mopey, gray bundle of fluff? And that tail! "It's not much of a tail, but I'm kind of attached to it." Adorable. Just admit it.

Our Honeymoon reservation tag and buttons got us A LOT of attention at breakfast - confetti on our table, extra hugs from the characters, and not one, but TWO visits from an overly excited Tigger (who liked Paul way more than me). Eeyore even let me pull his tail!

Pretty great way to start the day.


After breakfast, we picked up our personalized Bride & Groom hats (thanks Kate & Anna!), and headed for Tomorrowland. It was completely deserted. We were only really interested in Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain, and did both of them in record time. We had to do Buzz twice because the first time, our scores looked something like this:


Yes, that's me (left) scoring less than a tenth of what The Boy got (right). I blamed it on first time rider confusion. 

It didn't get much better the second time. At least we had fun?

We also tried out the Monsters, Inc laugh floor, but if you don't have kiddos...skip it. I might have giggled enough to power a lightbulb. One of the small, nightlight ones. 
(EDIT: Paul said he liked it. I'm apparently hard to please.)

The next stop, New Fantasyland (i.e. Beauty & the Beast Tribute Land and Alana's Happy Place). We had a couple "brews" at Gaston's Tavern - The Boy got hot cocoa and I had a LeFou's Brew (this frozen apple juice and toasted marshmallow concoction topped with passionfruit foam...sweet but awesome). 


Then we wandered, checking out the village gift shops, local swords stuck in stones, Belle's cottage. You know, the norm. 



We rode It's A Small World - still one of my favorites - and did Enchanted Tales with Belle - a new favorite. Then it was time for lunch at Be Our Guest. I'd been looking forward to this meal for a good six months. You eat INSIDE the Beast's Castle, in one of three rooms (the famed ballroom, the library, or the West Wing (complete with an evolving portrait of Prince Adam/The Beast and the Enchanted Rose)). Not only was the experience super cool, the food was super yummy, too (and you only use a Quick Service credit!)


Plus, we got to "try the grey stuff" for dessert! (and it WAS delicious).


After lunch, we just kinda meandered around the rest of the park. We searched for hidden Pascals in Rapunzel's area (there are "10," we found 1), toured the Haunted Mansion (still awesome), climbed the Swiss Family Treehouse (possibly for the last time since they're threatening to turn it into something super lame like Tink's Treehouse), rode Pirates (always a blast), and sent our parents a couple postcards. They were really cool, but since my folks STILL haven't gotten theirs yet, I can't explain further.

We then headed back to the hotel for a quick wardrobe change before dinner - dining at a Castle just seemed to merit something other than jeans and pullovers. (Plus, if I hadn't mentioned before, I had all of my outfits picked out and themed around different princesses for different days. I couldn't go to Cinderella's in my Belle outfit, could I?)

When we got back, this happened. It's breathtaking. Twinkle lights are my love language.


Dinner was tons of fun - photos with princesses, free magic wands and swords, Wishing Stars, and our own special Wishing Cake (to celebrate our honeymoon). 


Plus, we had the BEST view of the firework show (i.e. warm, accompanied by dessert and coffee, and on a castle balcony). I'll take that over street views any day. 


Thanks, Cinderella! You were a fabulous hostess.


Check back tomorrow for a look at Harry Potter World!

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute to theme your outfits with the Princesses! You are totally making me want to go back to Disney World for a "2nd honeymoon"!

    ReplyDelete