Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sneak Peek Week: Old, New, Borrowed, & Blue!

I'm so excited about this post! I've been plotting, planning, thinking, gathering these things for a while. It's one of my favorite pieces of bridal tradition. So, without further ado, I present my:


Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Something Old

The "something old" is supposed to represent continuity. I'm using my grandmother's garter - that she wore, that my mom wore, and that (hopefully) my daughter will wear. I've added my grandfather's fireman pin and an old keepsake of my Granny's (which also happens to be a photo of my Daddy), to bring in additional family history. Isn't it sweet? 



Something New

The "something new" is supposed to represent optimism for the future. My sweet Daddy bought me these GORGEOUS new pieces to wear with my gown. He's always bought me beautiful pieces to commemorate important events in my life, so I love that he kept that tradition going. They match my theme (gold, chocolate, and green) and are absolutely perfect. I can't wait to show them off on Saturday!



Something Borrowed

The "something borrowed" represents borrowed happiness. My precious friend and bridesmaid, Vicky, was willing to part with something so that I could borrow some of the happiness she and her husband share. She made me this bouquet charm - isn't it amazing? Inside the locket is a penny she carried on her wedding day. In addition, the little bottle contains a scripture her officiant (another friend of ours) read during their ceremony (wrapped up in a tiny piece of blue ribbon - her wedding color). Plus, there's a pearl (like the one in my ring!) Oh, I just love it - and her. Friends like that are priceless. 


Something Blue

The "something blue" represents purity. Mine comes in the form of a wedding gown label embroidered with my new initials and our wedding date. We'll stitch it into the gown before I put it on and it'll serve as a reminder of our day forever. 


Aren't they lovely? Ahhh! Just two more days!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alana!

    Awesome post! Especially love the little bottle with the scripture :)

    I just wanted to pass along our "What Wedding Style Are You" quiz to you because of your well-written content about stylized brides and volumes of inspiration for their big day. Please feel free to share this game on your blog or social media sites!

    Happy New Year,

    Claire

    ReplyDelete